The little art Terms and Conditions
1. BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS
Bookings and payments must be received through the little art website. Bookings are live and therefore only finalised once payment has been received. We are unfortunately unable to hold places. BLOCK BOOKINGS can be cancelled at full value minus a €25 cancellation fee, until 23:59 hours of the day preceding the start date, e.g. Monday 23:59 for the Tuesday classes. Block bookings are non-refundable from the date the block booking starts, but can be transferred to a different name within the first 14 days of the block starting. TRIAL, WORKSHOP or one off LAB places are non-refundable and the date is non-transferrable, you can however transfer the name. The new name should be emailed to email@example.com 24 hours before the workshop/ trial /LAB class commences. This also applies to single and block booked Kids LABS.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY: Lessons may be cancelled or postponed or may be held by a leader other than the leader designated to the class. In case of extreme weather conditions please contact us via email for more information on cancellations. In case a lesson has to be cancelled at very short notice, little art will contact each family by phone. If a lesson is cancelled an alternative will be offered, if it is not possible to attend on the new date, the spot can be sold, or a discount will be offered for a future event.
2. MAKE UP POLICY (Only for 9 week block bookings)
A maximum of 3 MAKE UP classes is possible (if places are available in the desired class) OR a private arrangement can be made (called "TAKE MY PLACE") by the parent for someone to take their place on a maximum of 3 occasions only- FOR THE SAME CLASS AND DATE. For the latter option, please provide firstname.lastname@example.org the name and email of the person who is "TAKING MY PLACE," and ensure the person has been sent, by you, the TAKE MY PLACE email. This includes them having printed and signed a copy of the Terms and Conditions document to hand in 10 minutes before their class starts, to minimise disruption to the start of classes. The 3 make up /take my place options cannot be transferred into another block. little art cannot be involved in the exchange of monies nor in the assistance of finding someone to take the place.
3. PRICE and PAYMENT: All prices on our website are net prices, and from 1st January 2017, will have a 19% USt. (statutory value added tax- VAT,) charge added at final payment. Payments must be made using the online payment system. little art is unable to take cash payments. All bookings must be prepaid.
4. LIABILITY: little art is liable for intent and gross negligence in accordance with the legal provisions for damages or reimbursement of expenses. In other cases we are liable limited to breach of a contractual obligation whose fulfillment is essential to the proper execution of the contract and on whose compliance you may rely on under normal circumstances (so-called cardinal obligation), limited to the replacement of foreseeable and typical damage. In all other cases, our liability is excluded except liability for damages arising from injury to life, body or health. To the extent that our liability is excluded or limited under the foregoing clauses, such exclusion or limitation applies accordingly to our leaders. We ask that you leave all valuables at home.
Please bring a smock and / or a change of clothes in case children get messy. Clothes that you consider for “messy use” or “play” are best. We believe the resources we are using to be washable. Yet, art materials may still get on clothes and stain. We accept no liability for clothes, shoes, bags etc, which are stained, marked or damaged.
The photographs (and video/audio) uploaded on the Internet by little art with your consent are available worldwide. Further use of these photos by third parties can therefore not be excluded.
5. FIRST AID: Staff may not be first aid certified and we are therefore unable to offer assistance other than alert the relevant emergency services.
6. INSURANCE: Parents are obliged to hold a valid public liability insurance policy (Haftpflichtversicherung), including,“ Deliktunfähige Kinder,” which covers damages or injury of whatsoever kind caused by themselves or their children regardless of their age, including, but not limited to, to the venue, its contents and persons therein. On request the parents shall provide a corresponding certificate of the aforementioned insurance policy to little art.
7a. SAFETY (WITH parents in attendance):
The safety of all children has first priority. Children and their grown ups should all be in good and non-contagious health to attend these classes, for the safety and well being of everyone. If you are in any doubt please seek sound medical advice you are entirely happy with and email staff beforehand. Please also ensure everyone is fully recovered before your return.The accompanying parent / carer is entirely responsible for the child / children in their care, this includes the responsibility for the choice of resources their child / children will get in contact with. They must supervise their child / children throughout the time they are on the premises. He or she has to be prepared to act, if the child endangers itself or other children or if the child persistently disturbs the class. If it is not possible to stop the behaviour of a child, we reserve the right to ban the family from the course. We will then refund the remaining class lessons for 10 €/ lesson, (minus an administration fee of €10.) The child / children will have contact with different materials. Please inform us in advance of any allergy, medical or additional needs your child / children have. In case of allergies or rejections to resources the parent / carer is responsible for ensuring the child / children doesn’t / don’t use / eat these resources. Please also help keep the floors clear of spillages (let us know if you see any so we can mop up,) or other hazards so that the children can move freely.
7b. SAFETY: (WITHOUT parents in attendance)
The safety of all children has first priority. When parents/carers are dropping off their son/daughter, by signing this document, little art staff have been therefore given permission for children to have access to all art supplies, tools and materials provided for art making. Parents/carers must inform little art of any allergies your child/children may have and/or if there are any rejections to the resources provided. little art does not take responsibility for instances where parents/carers have not provided the appropriate information regarding allergies, medical or physical needs, or rejection of resources and materials. A list of materials may be provided upon request. In some cases activities may not be suitable for some children. We will discourage excessive mess or waste and will reserve the right to stop a child if we believe them to be doing something potentially highly problematic e.g. items could fall from a height onto someone.
In order to start the session as promptly as possible, we ask that you drop your children off and vacate the premises in a timely manner.
Collection of children: Please note that anyone unknown to us, who comes to collect your child will be asked to identify themselves in the form of a passport, driver’s license or German Personalausweis. Anyone coming to collect your child who has not been entered on the registration form will be turned away.
Children with special/additional needs: Please inform little art if your child/children has/ have particular needs. It may be necessary for parents/carers to accompany their children to ensure a safe and happy environment for everyone. If you have any questions or queries about your son/daughter’s needs in this respect, please email little art in advance to arrange a phone call. It may be necessary to have a pre-class visit in the case of any physical needs to determine if needs can be accommodated successfully or if additional arrangements can be made.
8. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE: Should any provision of this contract be or become invalid, ineffective or unenforceable as a whole or in part, the validity, effectiveness and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. Any such invalid, ineffective or unenforceable provision shall be deemed replaced by such valid, effective and enforceable provision as comes closest to the economic intent and the purpose of such invalid, ineffective or unenforceable provision.
9. GENERAL CLAUSES: The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. The place of jurisdiction is Berlin. There are no additional agreements. Any supplementary agreements or amendments to these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing in order to be valid.The consent to these terms and conditions and to use photographs has to be given jointly by both parents if no exemption to the legal determination applies. If in the case of joint representation only one parent signs, in doing so this parent confirms that he / she represents the other parent.